ATVs or All-Terrain Vehicles are the favorites of any outdoor sportsmen . ATV owners are individuals with the ability to face whatever life throws at them with style and a zest for life.
There is an endless variety of ATV accessories like clothing, bags, and storage boxes, aftermarket pipes, fuel storage device , ATV Wheels, high compression pistons, coolers ,air filters, bottle holders, fender bags, camouflage clothes, helmet, etc… to make your ride more comfortable and convenient.
Using performance piping will give a 10 to 25 percent increase to your ATV’s performance four stroke engine is a high-performance cam and a high compression piston. Switching from a foam filter to a gauze filter can also give a better flow rate. .ATVs are divided into 2 Types: . Utility ATV :: The utility ATVs are used mainly for farming and construction. Sports ATV :: The sports ATVs are used for their ability of going over all most all types of terrain except water. .When it comes to buying ATV, there’s nothing more important than knowing that the machine is not only nice on the eyes, but it’s also professionally designed and is absolutely safe!
Tips to increase ATV performance.
There are certain thing to look for when Buying An ATV
There’s nothing more important then safety..
.Brand quality and reliability..
- Eye/Face Protection / Helmets / Hearing Protection
.What are the age & the skills of the riders..
- Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki are the leading brands in ATV in performance as well as sports look too
.Do you need four wheel drive or will two wheel drive do..
- is it for your kid then go for a kids ATV / if you are riding first time join ATV Safety Institute’s safety courses first locally.
.Purposes of use .
- If you’ll be riding your ATV climbing steep rocky slopes go for a four wheel drive because two wheel drive machines have some disadvantages with this.
- And if you are looking for speed you should go for a two wheel drive.
.Engine types : .
- Ask your self Will the machine be used for agricultural purposes only Or for competitive racing?
- Four stroke are more fuels efficient and make less noise
- Two stroke engines run at higher RPM and have greater power and pickup but this makes lot of noise too.
- In automatic transmission you don’t need to change gears aside from Hi, Low and Reverse just like your Chrysler or Ford J.
- Automatic clutch will require rider to change gears manually but you don't have to mess with a clutch.
Drive Shaft, Drive Chain or Belt Drive? .
- Drive shaft are more secure & They have worked for years without frequent failure
- Chain drive : Cheaper compared to other two, an exposed sprocket are prone to damage in very rocky areas
- Belt drive : it is just like snowmobile ;
.And the big one, Price?
- Most of the manufacturers provide six month warranty, can purchase extended warranty for 4 years too but that would cost you around 25% of your ATV cost . So take care of your ATV & you can save a great deal.
A new ATV would cost you anywhere between $2,500 to $10,000.
Hopefully this article will help you choose your ATV. Please visit www.
dgy.com for buying a new or used ATV , ATV Parts , ATV accessories ATV Riding Gear & Apparel.
DGY stocks a full line of accessories and parts to accompany our product lines including: Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, and T-Rex. DGY motorsports are the leading online store in ATV Parts, ATV Accessories & selling New and pre owned ATVs. For more details Motorcycle Parts & ATV Accessories visit www.dgy.com